2018 is literally just around the corners so there’s no better time to start thinking about some healthy habits that you can commit to for the New Year.
Here’s 5 healthy habits your body will thank you for.
- Lemon water in the morning – you’ve probably heard this many times before but having a nice warm glass of water with lemon juice really is amazing for your body. It’s full of antioxidants, helps digestion, can improve your skin, helps to flush toxins out of your body and is super refreshing first thing in the morning.
- Stay hydrated – keep a bottle of water with you during the day to sip on. Keeping hydrated has so many health benefits but my favourite, it helps with weight loss. Sometimes when we are dehydrated our bodies can mistake this for hunger. So staying hydrated during the day can help keep those hunger pains at bay.
- Eat mindfully – have you ever sat down to watch a movie with a massive bag of crisps and before you know it the whole bag is gone! That’s an example of NOT eating mindfully. Try to listen your body and eat when you’re hungry and stop eating when you’re full.
- Bedtime – Get your 8 hours of beauty sleep. It not only keeps those under eye circles at bay but can also help with weight loss. Researchers found that dieters who were well rested lost more weight than those who were sleep deprived.
- Eat greens – Green and leafy veggies are bursting with vitamins, minerals, fibre, iron and antioxidants. They are also low in calories so are a great choice when you’re on a weight loss journey.
Fill in the little form below to get your Free Healthy habits goal tracker
Don’t forget to set some goals for 2018 as well. Check out this blog post on why setting weight loss goals is important.